This is a tag I found somewhere on the Internet. I forgot to bookmark the page, so I can’t give credit to the person who created the tag. Anyway, this is a tag that only requires a bookshelf and some time.
1. Find and author name or title with a Z in it.
World War Z by Max Brooks
2. Find a classic.
First one I grabbed was Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
3. Find a book with a key on it.
I don’t have a book that fits this criteria.
4. Find something on your bookshelf that is not a book.
I have a little TARDIS that sits on my shelf.
5. Find the oldest book on your shelf.
I’m going to assume “oldest” means the book that’s been around the longest, not the one I’ve owned the longest. If we’re taking “old” to mean “been in existence for the longest”, it would be the Poetic Edda which was written in the 13th century.
6. Find a book with a girl on it.
This is most YA books that came out in the last 5 years. Let’s go with Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi.
7. Find a book that has an animal in it.
I Could Pee on This (And Other Poems Written by Cats).
8. Find a book with a male protagonist.
Paul Atredies from Dune.
9. Find a book with only words on the cover.
Is God a Mathematician by Mario Livio
10. Find a book with illustrations in it.
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie.
11. Find a book with gold lettering.
The Blood Heir by Amelie Wen Zhao
12. Find a diary, true or fictional.
The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
13. Find a book written by an author with a common name (like Smith).
The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan
14. Find a book with a close up of something on it.
Uglies by Scott Westerfield. The cover shows a close-up of someone’s face.
15. Find a book on your shelf that takes place in the earliest time period.
The Hobbit. Do time periods from fictional worlds count? If not, The Knight’s Daughter by S.H. Cooper, which has a medieval setting.
16. Find a hardcover book without a jacket.
My copy of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is missing its jacket. so I’m counting that.
17. Find a teal/turquoise colored book.
The Dragon Republic by R.F. Kuang
18. Find a book with stars on it.
The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White.
19. Find a non YA book.
The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin
I tag: Anyone interested in completing the tag.